Monday, February 3, 2014

Dave's Thoughts of the Day: February 4th

Look at this: I'm watching a Clippers Game replay on Prime Ticket.  What am I doing with my life?

I was thrilled with the podcast last night.  Andy in Seattle shared some heartfelt emails from his friends who were Seahawks fans.   VERY cool... uber cool, really.  Check it out on the Dave podcast (blogtalkradio.com/daveinthecity).

I'm numb...   The Kings are a complete disaster right now.  1 win in the last ten games.  They also scored 1 goal in 5 games... three other goals were scored last night but they look hopeless out there.  I know this team is better than they've showed... but the last two weeks, man.  So frustrating!   Go lose to Columbus and take a much needed Olympic break. 

Lakers are not bothering me that much... they're a bad team, they were supposed to be a bad team, and I think it's a necessary step.   If the Lakers continue the path they're on they should be in line for a top ten first round pick.   We stay tuned...

Last night we tried a pizzeria called Stella Barra.   People on yelp *raved* about this place, but here's a case of where Yelp can be misleading.  The place got 4.5 stars on Yelp... when you get 4.5 stars on yelp that's a big deal... so Coach and I tried it.. and I gotta be honest... we thought the pizza at "Brick + Mortar" was better!   and their pizza is hyped only half as much.   SB pizza was good... but it wasn't like blow me away crust or ingredients either.. .it was very good... but not earth shattering.  I must say, that the Prosciutto/Ricotta pizza at Brick + Mortar is so outstanding by comparison, and the crust, just a tad crispier.

You ever wonder what I look like on video?  Well, here's your chance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s_HfjkDYIk

That came from the Recital our family did about two weekends ago.   Out of the blue, I asked my pop if I could address the audience, which I'd n e v e r done before!   I thought, "hey, it'd be like a giant podcast."   Well, it seemed to go positively.  It sounds like the crowd got a good reaction. 

I thought I had something else to add, but I think that's all for now.  Have a good Tuesday!


No comments: