Thursday, January 30, 2014

Dave's SUPER BOWL LOCK …of the year.

It's been a while friends!

While I was away from the blog I tried to mull it over, and it was tough.  This matchup intrigued me from the start, even before the AFC/NFC playoffs were over.  I said "if these two teams meet it could get very interesting."

I know I loved the Seattle defense all year.
I know the NFC is better than the AFC.
I know the two best teams in football are the 49ers and the Seahawks.

With that said, just because the Seahawks are deemed the better team by multiple measure, that doesn't mean they're going to win the big game.  This game will be close.  It will be tough.  Neither team is really going to pull away from the other, I think, until the fourth quarter.   When it's all said and done though, I think there's just too little the Seahawks bring offensively that if the Broncos slow down Marshawn Lynch that's going to give them a huge edge.

My feeling is, the Broncos DO slow down Lynch putting the Seahawks in very uncomfortable territory.  I grant you that Peyton Manning, Broncos QB, and his throws were pretty wiffle ball worthy of late.  However, whatever talent the Seattle secondary brings can be matched by the sheer number of good receivers the Broncos bring on the other side.  Special teams is a wash.  You might even argue that coaching is a wash, but something about Pete Carroll teams in a big game.  When I picked the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl at the beginning of the season, I did not anticipate they'd encounter a quarterback as good as Manning.   The problem with Seattle is, in order for them to win they need to be able to have a grip on the game offensively.  I just don't think they would do as well with that as SF could have in this same Super Bowl vs the Broncos.  Even as good  as Seattle's defense is, it might not be enough.

In a tough fought game, I have the Broncos winning out:  Broncos 24, Seahawks 16.  Super LOCK… of the year.

Historically we are on a 5 game winning streak w/ Super Bowl Picks.  I really feel like this may be the year it lets me down.  But we will see.  It's hard to go against your instincts and instincts say "take the Broncos."  Here's to a good Super Bowl!

No comments: