Sunday, March 16, 2014

Dave's Thoughts of the Day: March 17th

I feared this would happen and it did... my daily blog became a weekly blog.   Hard to find things to write about lately... or maybe laziness, or some combination of those.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Now go drink out there!

Assorted thoughts...

Cal Poly -- amazing cinderella story.  These guys were way under .500 entering the Big West Tournament... then they dominated #2 UCSB and beat #1 UC Irvine... THEN they beat CSUN to win the Big West and enter the NCAA tournament for who the hell knows how long since their last berth.   What a story!  Could not have expected it.  Nobody could have!

So they get a play in game, probably in Dayton somewhere, and if they win that, they'll play #1 Wichita State in the second round.  I think there's a chance they win that play in game, but Wichita State?!?!?!?!  Hahahahahahahahahaha not even the cow can mush that one!  Wichita plays great defense and that team has bigger goals in mind.  Tough bracket for them, but they gotta at least make the Sweet 16.  We'll see what happens from there.

You know a good meal is one that sticks to the ribs, or as I put it, "puts a dent in my bones."   Romano's Macaroni Grill never disappoints in that spot.  I went to visit family over the weekend and we went there for dinner.   Tremendous!

Anyone a member of the dollar shave club?  What's the secret password?

My sister brought it to my attention that Romano's so called "Macaroni" Grill is sorely lacking in Macaroni selection.  Who calls their restaurant Macaroni Grill and then minimizes the Macaroni on the menu?   Unusual.

I was talking with my buddies at work and I brought up the idea of a road trip to Chicago.  So, during the week I'd drive through Las Vegas, Denver, Kansas City, St. Louis, and then ride up to Chicago to watch a Cubs game and see Chicago's sights.  Then I'd board a 1 way flight back home.   To execute the drive, I could rent a car with Sirius/XM on it.  My friends got really excited about the idea, but not excited enough to join me.   It's probably too late to plan this trip for early April (original idea), but some time down the road would be nice.

I'd rather not force other thoughts, so I shall leave you for the moment.  Enjoy your Monday!

No comments: