Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Dave's Thoughts of the Day: April 23rd

I'd like to see if I can do a podcast tonight that has no sports topics.  I've done it before, but it might be fun to try a changeup this time.

Junk man may not be around tonight for Random Questions but that's not set in stone.  We'll know for sure around 10pm ET tonight.

The Kings did everything they could do to win the game and STILL lost in overtime.  Kings down 0-3 to the Sharks.  That's pretty definitive.  I won't worry too much about it.   Sometimes you get the wins and the breaks, and sometimes you don't.   No biggie.

I ate two and a half more cookies last night in frustration during the game.. that really has to be it HAHA.   But I will say this -- those cookies are gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

I'll be honest.. even with the Stanley Cup fresh in memory, it's tough to go to sleep tonight.  That was a tough hockey game to lose... but it happens.   What else can I log here tonight?  Let's see...

What is the best live rock band going today?  By that I mean, a band still in its prime and relatively young.  People can tell me all about Rush and the Rolling Stones, but I gotta go after someone who's just getting started.  The best I can come up with right now is "Train" and "Coldplay".  I *know* there's better out there!  Any ideas?  Send 'em to me:  @diningwithdave

I remember about 15 years ago, Billy Joel and Elton John toured the country together in what they called the "Face to Face" tour.  Now that sounded great on paper... two guys with some really memorable tunes playing their best hits all in a row.  However, when they instituted the trip both guys were pretty old and less agile at that stage in time.  The year was roughly 1998.  Now imagine if the same two guys went on tour together in *1974*... or perhaps, to give Billy Joel a boost, let's make it 1976.   OH BABY.   Those guys were out of this world great live in the mid-70s.  Both of them had stellar singing voices in those days and would wow the crowd with on stage charisma, dancing, the whole bit.  Elton even threw in the costume changes HAHA, although I may be indifferent to that.   I can see where Weird Al Yankovic got the idea to do costumes for all his songs on tour.   That's a lot of fun to think about.

I think yesterday marked the first time I met a lady from Rancho Palos Verdes before.   Tremendous stuff my friends!

Great swim... yesterday.

If I can just tone down the cookies I'd really be going places in the pool, but as it is, I feel faster than before.   Hitting intervals and everything.  I'm very pleased with the progress.

That's all I have for the moment.  Catch you all soon!

No comments: