Thursday, January 23, 2014

Dave's Thoughts of the Day: January 24th

It's 11:04 the night before, but this is close enough!

There's a car commercial that comes on and the guy at the beginning sings "The World Today, it's gotten really sad."  THEN a dozen people talk about how *great* everything is today.  That's a really confusing commercial.  Why would you have some guy with his head down sing about how bad everything is when the rest of the commercial is guys talking about how great things are?

There's a very mongo part of me that wants to stay up to see Federer/Nadal.  I won't do it BUT... boy is that a great matchup.  Federer/Nadal never disappoints!

This weekend will be interesting.  I'm helping my Mom and the family with her recital for Sunday.   I am also... going to take advantage of DineLA week and meet some friends for Dinner at Fogo de Chao!  It's a "Brazilian Steakhouse."  16 different types of meat!   I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!

I don't think Chicago (the band) gets enough love.  I will admit though: their first 15 albums sound almost exactly the same.

You never EVER split 10's in Blackjack.. even if you want to be a contrarian, what is the incentive?  You're going to take away a 9 out of 10 chance of winning and turn it into two 3 out of 10 chances of winning??  Come on... that doesn't sound wise does it?

You'll notice I haven't said much about the Lakers.  Yes, they lost.  But you know what?   Good draft class next year, a silver lining is definitely in place.

It finally... seems like Nick Young is getting exposed for being a volume shooter.  I did not see what all the hype was about - still don't really.  He's a good player.. but he would be, at his worst, a compiler on a bad team.  At his best, he's a motivated worker and a driven scorer.  

Remember when the Vancouver Canucks used to score goals?  Those were good days.

I can go from 0 to 60 in just a week... of overeating.   0 to 60 pounds overweight... it's easy.   and it's *frightening.*   You wouldn't believe how much I can eat if I really apply myself.   I am a master at gaining weight... so I have to keep nights like tonight at Fogo de Chao to a minimum.  For the most part I've done this.  I don't go crazy with meals usually.  Thank goodness.  but it is, again, incredibly frightening how talented I am at gaining weight.

If there was an NBC show called "The Biggest Gainer" I would win EVERY YEAR.  I can gain weight w/o much effort.   Instead, I am more careful about eating decisions.   I don't eat hardcore healthy, but portion sizes are usually reasonable.   Today my only real cheat was the three pieces of chocolate I had.  Not a bad day!

That's all for this Friday.  Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments: