Sunday, October 5, 2008

Disappointments of the Week!

I couldn't wait to write this post! It's now time for Dave's

Disappointments of the Week
Brought to You by Match.com (we think)

AHHHHHHHHHHHH and guess who goes first?! Thaaaaat's right, it's the

San Di-ego SUPER CHARGERS (lost 17-10): Really, SD? Really?! Actually, yes, really. I honestly didn't think this was such a big surprise. Not at all, because first of all, I thought the Dolphins are and were a much better team this year. They have plenty to prove. Good running back, accurate quarterback, fairly good defense equals a competitive Dolphins. Secondly, the Chargers STILL don't have a very good defense compared to what we expect. I'm short on time, so I won't be able to outline the details.

Dallas Cowboys (won 31-22): HAH! This is what you get when a team pats itself on the back. To be honest, the Cowboys deserved to lose. If not for a fluke play not even intended for him, ol' reliable Patrick Crayton would have been held to zero catches in 2 out of 3 games. That's inexcusable. I warned my buddies the Bengals were playing better football, and here in Dallas Sunday, the Bengals executed well enough to win. Palmer threw for 217 yards with 2 TDs. The Dallas Secondary is not fooling anybody.

and now, the big one

Buffalo Bills (lost 41-17):
What disappoints me most about the Bills is their supposedly good defense coming apart at the seams this week. Most experts thought the Bills were bound for a loss. Most experts felt the Cardinals would out-pass the Bills. Most experts thought there'd be a lot of points scored, but nobody was ready for this. The Bills simply were asking for it. First, they fell behind at HOME against the Raiders and needed the entire Raiders coaching staff to klunk for a win. Next they fell behind by two touchdowns at St. Louis, and had to throw like gangbusters to pull away. So what does this say about Buffalo? Nothing! The Cardinals managed to do mostly the same thing against the Dolphins, and check them out now.

Week 5 was one of the most satisfying weeks in some time. I most definitely saw many of these things coming (including the Redskins' cover of the spread at Philly), and I think everyone saw Buffalo losing a trap game. I'm starting to figure out the pattern of parity in the NFL. It's a good feeling... until I get it all wrong next week.

No comments: