Friday, May 24, 2013

Dave's Thoughts of the Day: May 24th

Happy Friday!

This week's been grand.

And now, the weekend!  Do the dance.

You can't really say "Happy" Memorial Day per se... I think we still do, but there's a part of that that's inappropriate from this standpoint:

Memorial Day was developed to honor the people who served in our military who died in action, among others.   Veterans Day (those who served and are now civilians) is another holiday.

So... undoubtedly, this comes with some deep thought and gentle meditation.   Eventually what I do is appreciate all the freedoms we have now and then hit the barbecue.

So yes, Memorial Day is also "barbecue day"... and the freedoms our country affords us makes it so.   I love this place.  America.

Gosh, you know?  With all the excitement in the NHL I just noticed the Dodgers have a home game tonight.  Might be a good fun trip to check out.   A couple of weeks ago I *finally* saw the Dodgers win a home game in person.  Kershaw was the reason.

My intended breakfast today is a couple of donuts and milk and/or coffee.  It's the proper way to celebrate a good weekend.

The Kings won last night... big game by both Slava Voynov and Jonathan Quick.    Nobody has won a road game yet!   Ultimately, I'm anticipating that to parlay into a Sharks victory on Sunday.   The Kings fought like warriors last night, and controlled the puck most of the game -- it's what you want to see.

I had a *feeling* the Red Wings were going to give the Blackhawks a hard time!  Yet... there's a side of me that insists the Blackhawks could make this interesting...   Just incredible to see the Wings go up 3-1 in this series.  The Hawks were *the* best team in the NHL -- far and away.  Suddenly they get into a particularly bad matchup like Detroit and they're fighting for their lives.  It is *incredible* that the Kane and Toews line has been held scoreless.   Can you believe that?!?!?!

That's all I've got today.  Short entry but I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend!

No comments: