Monday, March 11, 2013

Dave's Thoughts of the Day: March 12th

One more day to go and it's off to Spring Training!   Good times ahead.

Once I take off, I'm going to take a mini vacation from the blog too, so this will be my last post of the week.

Reflections... ah it's been quite a week.  Yesterday was Monday, and today, after a momentous period of time, it is Tuesday.

I think I'll lay on a few quickies to round it out and roll into the vacay.   A good old fashioned roast beef sandwich on a good bread roll is worth living for.  They do a great job with those at Jersey Mike's.

Izzy's Deli also makes a mean roast beef sandwich over in Santa Monica.  They're open 24 hours a day.

Arby's does a good fast food roast beef sandwich, but there are better ones if you want to be picky with quality.  For the price, though, Arby's is hard to beat.

I keep going to bed a half hour later than I am supposed to.  This is ruining any shot at my having a proper morning routine.  Ah what are you gonna do?

Do you ever find yourself up late at night watching Youtube clips?   Of course, in this case, it was all about classic Lakers highlights.

I saw clips of the 1985, 2001, and 2002 playoffs.  I figured -- might as well, there won't be many memorable moments of the Lakers 2013 playoffs am I right??

I want to wish my buddy Chris aka "Get Your Own Show" a happy birthday.   You might not know that we converse on a nightly basis about usual nonsense, jovial topics, and some other stuff.  It's enjoyable banter.  Hope he's doing well out there.

I can't fathom why it's so hard to just turn off the computer and lie down in bed at 9pm.   Even without an actual cable subscription I find ways to stay occupied well into 11pm.  Go figure.

People are still buzzing about DeAndre Jordan's dunk in the Clippers game on Sunday.   I never have seen so many people get this excited about 2 points!  (hee hee)

Did the dunk win the game?  Nope.  Did it signal a big momentum switch?  Perhaps.   It was good old fashioned fun.  It was also a pretty small guy like Brandon Knight who broke his ankle the next night.  Annnnnnd a pretty dismal team like the Pistons.  Nonetheless, the props go out to Jordan for lighting the basketball world on fire.

I'll be honest here -- I like the Clipper players.  I can't really complain about any of them, as I think they're all likeable guys.   Even Blake Griffin's flopping expertise is something I can shrug off.  Matt Barnes isn't that big a factor so I could just ignore him.  The main reason for my tendency to tweak the Clippers and their fans is simple:  I think Clipper fans care less about the Clippers as they do about the Lakers' foibles.

I find that silly.   The Clipper Nation has a great team that should be rallied behind and supported.  Why are Clipper fans so absorbed about what the Lakers are doing?  When the Lakers are about to win 60 games one year, do Laker fans look over their shoulder to see if the Clippers have a shot at the playoffs?  No!  I feel like Clipper fans ought to consider the same perspective.

Clipper fans... you all have a wonderful basketball team.  Flawed, yes.  Defensively lacking, yes.  Poorly coached, yes.   Nonetheless, the deepest squad in the NBA and one of the most talented top to bottom.  Cherish it!  Stop worrying about what Kobe and Dwight Howard are doing.  Fear not, our jokers will be the talk of the court soon enough.

Speaking.... of jokers...  I want to strangle the kid who wrote this Trojan Virus and somehow tacked it onto a word file for a professor while she was abroad and collected it on her USB drive.  That "effort" resulted in about 72 hours of undue stress and aggravation in a somewhat fruitless venture to repair what has been a badly infected netbook computer.

Honestly, are people out there just so bored with themselves?  Do they really have so little to live for that they must resort to devastating virus code writing and somehow place it onto innocuous Word Documents?  I'm this close to formatting the whole machine, and that's going to be a huge problem.   If I were somehow to meet this kid, oh baby...


People talk about putting candles on the birthday cake.  Now what would YOU want to put a candle on?  I'd like to put candles on a pizza.   That would be really fun to blow out.   Other ideas...   Candles on a hot dog would be nice.  Candle on a big juicy porterhouse steak.  Stuff like that.

I have *always* wanted to get the woman to jump out of the cake for me.  What do I have to do to sign up for this?  Is it arranged by a company perhaps?

All one would have to do is hitch a ride to Vegas and any wish can come true.  ...except sports bets.  There still hasn't been one win in like 15 tries.   I don't even want to attempt an NFL futures bet this year, or if I do, I'll intentionally put bets on teams I hate so they don't make the playoffs.  Right away I can think of placing ten bones on the Seahawks, Broncos, maybe the Eagles although I don't *hate* them as much as I find consternation with how they run things.  The Titans would be on that list too, and the Cowboys, the Saints, as would be the... well all right I'll be honest, the Jets too.   

As I think of those futures, I will think forward to a big week.  Hope you all enjoyed it, and hope you all have a good week!

No comments: