Friday, March 8, 2013

Dave's Thoughts of the Day: March 8th

What is UP fellas?  Do I have a story to share with you!

You ever hear of the Pizza Flyer scam in San Diego?  You go to a hotel, any hotel, especially those in Hotel Circle, and you get these renegades who send pizza flyers with NO ADDRESS on them!   Total scam... in fact the way I found out was such a riot.

The last time I was in San Diego, which might have been 3 years ago, I decided to give them a call.  So I went and asked them "Hey can I get your 18" inch pizza with this and that and the other thing?"

They were all very excited and were happy to set it up and then I said "Ok so, where are you guys located?"

THEN they got really evasive, they were like "Oh I'm sorry we can't do pickup" etc etc.

And I was like "Nooo!  It's ok, I don't mind, I'll just pick it up so you guys don't have to go out there or anything."

No dice... those jokers were had so I just cancelled the order.  Then I looked carefully at the Flyer and realized it had *no* address on it!   NEVER ORDER FROM THOSE STUPID HOTEL PIZZA FLYERS!

The reason I brought it up was because my buddy Coach and his g/f were going to San Diego for the weekend, you know with Sea World and all the good stuff.   I had to *coach* him not to go after those pizza flyers.  I think I've seen them in other cities too, but San Diego gets a whole lot of 'em.

Onward...

I had a waffle for breakfast this morning.  Nothing scandalous about that!   Very good, in fact.

Went for a swim this morning as well... I haven't done sprints in almost a month... I kept missing it because I overslept.   This time, I got it right on.  So pumped to get in that fast swim!

Los Angeles is in the midst of a thunderstorm.  We happened to be rain-free from 6am through now, but another wave of rain is bound to hit us.  Last night, at 1am, a HUGE thunderclap slammed LA and it woke up everyone in the city.    It was *loud!*  Thankfully there was only one of them.

I checked the price of Lakers Tickets on Stubhub just in case the rain would have made a lot of guys give up their seats, but nothing so far.  The *lowest* ticket cost was 70 bones, oi.

I'll give it another shot at 7pm tonight, but it doesn't look good.

I'm so glad to have a nice weekend ahead.  Hope your weekend is good too.  See you all on Monday!





No comments: