Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Dave's Thoughts of the Day: March 7th

I should be ashamed of myself today.

I have not had a good last 36 hours.  The whole day yesterday I was tired and I think I was doing some really bufoonish things.

I just didn't have much energy that day.   The podcast went fairly well although our scheduled guest was too sick to do the show so I got Jacob Rosales to fill in.  He did an admirable job... he knew quite a bit about the AL Central... enough to surprise me, in fact.  I was really thankful for his efforts last night.

I honestly have no clue why I struggled with energy yesterday.  I went to bed at 12:30 which isnt that good but isn't *that* late... I even slept through to 7:10am.  How I went from that to about to pass out at work is beyond me.

The only thing I did differently from other days was avoid the coffee.  I'm starting to worry about my physiological health.    It might be an added amount of stress... could the lack of cable TV contribute to this?  I'm just not sure.

I hope none of you ever go through that.   I feel like I was being overly critical of certain people, whether in my mind or otherwise, yesterday.  It wasn't fair.  I feel like a real jerk. 

To all of you on planet Earth, I'm sorry.

I think my alarm schedule is contributing to this issue.  I have the alarm go off at 5am each morning.   I go to bed around 11:30pm or 12am.  Sometimes it's 11, but I set it up for all that so I could go swimming... yet, I have been missing all the swims anyway!   I can't get it together.  I think I need to move the alarm up to 6am for tomorrow to get back some of my sanity.

Remember that one day on tmf.com where I was just angry and ripping everybody?  I think that was one of the days when I didn't get enough sleep.   I'm hoping I can overcome this and become a slightly more normal human being again.  If that means quitting swimming, so be it.

I *am* glad to report I didn't lose my car!  Nono's Garage saved me!   I mentioned that a week ago... In fact, the financial damage was minimal.  Such a huge sigh of relief.

I was too hard on the Lakers last night.  I was bagging on them for having to come back from 25 points down to beat the Hornets, but they went ahead and did it!   A win's a win!  I gotta give it up to them.

That's actually a good example of where having no cable/satellite is killing me.  I feel really out of the loop with sports now.  It's as if I know the outcome but I don't know how they got there.  Really makes me feel so lost out there.  As if I'm blind or something.

Maybe that's psychologically playing with my head which leads to these other scenarios.  It's possible.  I may have to consider getting help... or at least, getting a new cable subscription.

At any rate... I'm really glad to still be alive... I'm glad to have all my friends... and I hope that I can do whatever it take for all of you to remain my friends.  You all mean so much to me and I hope you all are doing well.

There's a free staff lunch ahead!  I look forward to that.  Taco Bell will be *on* tonight.  I look forward to that too.  Life isn't terrible.  I hope you all are doing all right.  Til next time.

No comments: