Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Dave's LOCK of the Week: November 26th

Only one LOCK of the Week, once again, but I am a huge fan of this pick.

Stanford +5.5 at UCLA.   Stanford's pass rush gave UCLA so many problems over the years, and I think, despite a limited offense, and a not terribly good quarterback in Kevin Hogan AND the loss of Montgomery, one of their best if not their single best receiver, I feel like the Cardinal are going to make this game very very interesting.  I'd go so far as to expect a win, but we'll see if their success at the Rose Bowl goes well.  Their last trip was quite the letdown, and they lost in the Rose Bowl game to Michigan State.

For me, it doesn't matter.  So much money is going to UCLA right now, 87% of the bets right now are on UCLA -5.5 per SportsInsights.   UCLA's offense really isn't that good, and I don't think there's a single standout receiver on the team, nor is their running game that great.   They caught USC at the right time too... SC made so many mistakes that did them in.   I'm not fully convinced UCLA is the team to beat in the Pac 12.  Clearly Vegas is trying to set everyone up for a big letdown.  That's why they make the big bucks, but I don't think they'll be making big bucks from me!

...they will take my big bucks from random Anaheim Ducks games but ANYWAY...   Happy Thanksgiving everybody!   May it be wonderful and delicious.  

No comments: