Sunday, August 18, 2013

Dave's Thoughts of the Day: August 19th

Wendy's... they switched from the foil wrappers to the regular paper ones about two years ago.  Now their hamburgers can't stay hot.  My 'net colleagues and I arrived at this conclusion after I brought in some lunch from there on Saturday.  A ha!!!  

I can sense a lot of baseball traditionalists resent Puig because he's got a little punk attitude in him.   Well, I'm not a fan of punks either but the kid is still so young.  We'll see if he can shake it off, but in the meanwhile his talent is incredible.  He makes dumb decisions, but the kid can really hit a baseball.  He can also really throw a baseball and really catch a baseball.  Usually if you can hit a baseball, throw a baseball, and catch a baseball, you can play baseball.

So it turns out they *do* have an open mic night at the Hollywood Improv.  Observe: http://hollywood.improv.com/show.cfm?id=260644

You don't even have to register, you go into the building, put your name on paper into a hat, and sit there to see if you get called up.  Then you can riff for 3 minutes.  You don't even need to pay for a ticket or buy any drinks.  Imagine that??

I had a very low action weekend.  All I did was stay at home for the most part, except for my brief trip to WeHo to get the tickets for the Taylor Williamson concert in about two weeks.  I also tried to go to the Original Tommy's on Beverly/Rampart, but the jokers who designed streets here didn't connect Melrose to Rampart Blvd. at all!

Lesson learned, get down to Beverly Blvd. sooner.  Sunday was just laundry and a 2.5 hour nap, even though I got in a full 8 last night.   I'm happy to be caught up in sleep, but it was a bore of a weekend.  No news is good news though.

Here's another thumbs up to Vons/Safeway/Pavilions fried chicken!  Had it again yesterday and it was tremendous!   Way to go!

That's all from here.  Enjoy your Monday!


No comments: