Monday, January 28, 2013

Dave's Thoughts of the Day: January 29th

Some quick thoughts today.  At present I don't feel great.  In fact, it feels like I ingested a damp warm washcloth and its stuck in my intestine somewhere.  Ig... stomach flu or something?  No idea.

I knew I wasn't going to be 100% so I figured, might as well go out in a blaze of glory!  So -- KFC last night for dinner.   Good stuff.

I'm glad everyone's enjoying the Super Bowl Trivia.  I was pleasantly surprised at the response the two trivia questions got.  Two more questions coming today!

Who came up with the idea that a button was cute?  You know how they say "xyz is cute as a button?"   What kind of a button are they talking about anyway?  The button on a shrit?  The button you pin onto a sweater?   The button that turns on the TV?  I never once looked at my shirt and said "look how cute these little circles are."  Ah well.

Kansas is "KU" and Kentucky is "UK."   How crazy is that?

Why are people killing me for taking interest in Kansas basketball?  Last night, I tweeted that they are mush proof.  I didn't say I was a huge devoted fan!  I just thought they were interesting to watch.

That team will be #1 soon, I can feel it!

This weekend I was thinking of the idea of going to an open mic session at some night club.  Just go up there and maybe repeat some of the lines from this blog.  Will it be a hit?   Throw a few quick hitters and see if anyone laughs.   Maybe get into the bus rant or the Pink's hot dog rant.  Who knows?

For the last 12 out of 15 days at work, I've had a peanut butter/jelly sandwich for breakfast and one for lunch.  Is this good for my health?

Who will get to above .500 first: Lakers or LA Kings?  Or neither?  Neither is a very realistic option.

--but good win last night for the Kings.  I thought they were done.  I was like "Dammit, here we go another loss at home."  Then with like 20 seconds left, the Kings tied the game on Voynov's goal with the Empty Net behind him.   THEN the Kings won in a shootout.  To go from an outright loss to an overtime win is a hell of a turnaround!


That's all from here.   See you all tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll have energy for a longer entry tomorrow.  Not feeling 100% but hope to make for a good podcast later tonight.  Til then!

No comments: