Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Don't Stop Relievin': Draft One

I write songs in my head and the other day another song just came to me, but I only have some of the big parts of it right now, now the whole thing...

but remember the song "Don't Stop Believin'?"   I have a version for baseball called "Don't Stop Relievin'!"  I got the idea for it from a news report on Jeremy Affeldt who hit the shelf again with an injury.  So I thought "oh boy, he's gonna STOP RELIIIIIVIN'!"  BOOOoooooom!

Here's the chorus:

"Don't STOP... Relivin'
Hold on to that inninnnnnnng
Two Strikes, Ground Balllllllllll"

And before that we have

"He comes out to a hokey tune...
Songs of sand from Metal dudes...
Takes a rosin bag to start the Ninth, and warms up and up and up and upppp"

"First pitch... fast ball
Works the count and finds his motion
Riding... sliders insiiiiide
Change-up, it's pulled
Right above the chalky baseline
Flyin, somewhere in the night"

and then here's the guitar solo.

That's what I have so far.  Got any ideas for lyrics?

No comments: