Sunday, September 7, 2008

Here's the Story... of an Injured Brady

It's official! Tom Brady is out for the season! In the first quarter, only a few minutes in, Bernard Pollard went after another player, fell down and rolled into Brady, which buckled his knees and tore his ACL. I truly can't believe it. I'm happy! I'm sad... I'm EXCITED! ...I feel bad for Tom. It's a true bi-polar moment for me and everyone at LOCKS of the Week.

I really don't know what to think. You never want to see anybody go down to injury, but I'll be damned if I'm not inspired by this day. We've seen years and years and years of lucky bounces, good fortune, and let's face it, cheating by the Patriots organization. Seeing all the mojo fall apart at once is a phenomenon I haven't seen before. It's almost as if the rest of the NFL sent karmic payback for their over the top sense of entitlement.

Brady's departure completely changes the landscape of the NFL in '08. How happy are Jets fans today?! They have Brett Favre, and the door swung WIDE OPEN for them to win the division.

No comments: