Sunday, September 14, 2008

LOCKS Week 2 Recap: My gambling license should be revoked.



0-3!!!

This is, quite possibly, the worst week in LOCKS of the Week History. I'm too embarrassed to go into the details but here's my three picks from Week 2:

Jax (-5.5) to cover: I have badly underestimated the Bills.
Seahawks (-7.0) to cover and win: I had a bad feeling about this one on Friday. Dammit!
and then the big one
Bolts (-1.5) for the win: Hosed by the usually awesome Hochuli, but he knew when he called the play it was a mistake, and it doesn't matter anyway.

This leads me to my long anticipated rant on the San Diego Chokers. First of all, great defense you played there. Here we go saying you're the best team on paper, and then you give up 39 points!! 39!!!!!!! The Steelers, Patriots, and Vikings don't give up 39 points in TWO games.

See, I was all prepped to give the Chargers a 14-2 prediction, but several things made that claim impossible. First of all, they have quite possibly the worst coach in the division. That's really saying something in a division with Herm Edwards.

Secondly, while I hate to use schedule as a crutch, the Chargers face stiffer competition this year.

Finally, and all you Charger fans out there, I'm sorry for being so obnoxious, but anyway, finally, there's a lot of showoffs on that team. You get Rivers, leader of the showoffs... then LT, who actually backs up his play, and finally Merriman who does little indian dances after basic tackles. It's a little annoying.

Merriman, of course, is now out for the season, but like Justin Timberlake says, what goes around come around... sometimes.

The Chargers ought to bounce back from this and win the West, but it doesn't speak well to the Lightning Blokes' killer instinct.

More football thoughts upcoming... thoughts? Post your comments here!

No comments: