Sunday, September 1, 2013

Ideas

Kinda silly to call a place the "Improv" when all the jokers who do comedy there have "routines."

If Kate Upton ate a hot dog, she would double in size.  

Oddly enough I haven't heard much from her lately.  Has her star fallen?

Stars orbit in zero gravity -- how is "falling" possible?

* * *


I think that's it for attempted jokes today.   It's not as funny when I'm literally trying to "write a joke."   Even so I've come up with some goodies over the years, but anyway, this weekend has been good so far.

It's just so *hot.*   Now 81 degrees is not very hot but in Santa Monica, it's not something we're used to at ALL.  Whew!  Fans were in motion all day yesterday.   It helped a tad, but it wasn't until about 10pm when it cooled down to a reasonable level.

You ever notice that it's tough to get around when it's hot outside?  It saps so much energy out of ya, you just want to get somewhere cool.   Then you get tired and you start to fall asleep.  Today I'm going to take aim at a shaded or air conditioned location so indoors is the ticket.

Speaking of "tickets" I was thinking of going to see SC play Utah State before going to the Arizona game w/ my buddies.   I thought it'd be mad fun -- did you guys see Chuckie Keeton on Thursday?  He's the Utah State QB.  That guy can play!  I thought he was not as great a passer but I was probably overreacting to two bad throws.  Overall he's really fun to watch.  The Utah State game is on 9/21.  Should be interesting to watch.

Now I *hope* this game is not scheduled for 12:30 pm.  I'm planning a trip to San Diego the night before, and might spend the night there.   To be forced to drive from SD at 9am so that I can make an SC game at 12:30 would be unkind.   We'll see how the NCAA and TV networks play it.  A 7:30 PM start would make me do the dance.

I was at a restaurant the other day, Zankou Chicken to be exact, and I ordered the kebab.  It was fantastic, but that's only part of the story.  Inside the restaurant they have a TV up there with Food Network on.  So I was there eating watching the "Diners, Drive-In's, and Dives" program.  Great stuff!  But man, for Zankou, I don't know if it's a good idea to put on a TV channel giving customers ideas for other restaurants!

September is going to be a good time -- I can feel it!  That's all for now.  Have a great labor day weekend.  Ah... imagine a mini cookout tomorrow?  If you elect to go the cookout route, I salute you!  Farewell for now.

No comments: