Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dave's Thoughts of the Day: November 16th

Happy Friday everyone.

But is it really happy, just because it's Friday?  Is it??

I always thought the song "She Bop" was about a sock hop but THEN I learned... yep you got it.

Guy Fieri (sp?) is getting his butt kicked by all the restaurant critics.  I'm not following this: was he ever a guy to be taken seriously with culinary arts?   I didn't think so.  People are barking up the wrong tree.

I'm happy to report that Time Warner Cable agreed with DIRECTV to offer them TWC Sportsnet.  At last!  The Lakers (on TWCSN) will now be on my TV Set on Satellite.  This is tremendous news, but also, long overdue.  In light of that, I don't know how much in the way of kudos I should give to either party.

DIRECTV is no saint either.  Nobody loves to pick long drawn out battles with TV channels like DIRECTV.  The worst one to date was when they let Viacom channels out to pasture for a good 2-3 weeks just to get their way.  I have not a clue whether this has any actual impact on the price of my bill.  It's expensive either way, so I don't see the point.

There may come a day when I cancel DIRECTV altogether.  If that day comes, it will also be the day I give up on sports completely.   I've always thought about it, but never considered it seriously.

This is an especially short entry.  Unfortunately nothing else comes to mind.  I will say that John in CT and Chris in Syracuse did an amazing job on the College B-Ball Preview podcast last night.  I was enthralled and mesmerized the entire evening.

NOW that shall be all.  G'nite everybody!

No comments: