Friday, October 26, 2012

Dave's Thoughts of the Day: October 26th

The bad week in food continues....

Last week for dinner... I was out of motivation and options, and for the most part, money.   What'd I do?  I broke out the Progresso Chicken Noodle soup.  It was pretty good!  But it was still just a can of soup.   I added some Triscuits.   Sigh.  I hope it improves next week.

Be safe out there, Northeast.  It sounds like Hurricane Sandy is going to be brutal.  I did not realize it was life threatening, but I'm such a bonehead I clearly didn't consider how powerful hurricanes were in the past.   Hurrican Andrew, for instance, was devastating.  I hope it's not as bad.  More importantly, I hope everyone is ok.

Now people will read the above paragraph and run for their lives.  I can't win.

TODAY is not off to a good start.  I alternate offices on certain days.   Then someone moans about a printer problem or some other issue that requires my presence.  It's always on the day I'm at the OTHER office.  Terribly frustrating.  Today I had enough.  I wrote back and explained my position.  I can't keep running between offices.  People need to understand my schedule.

This weekend is going to be frustrating.  Nothing is breaking my way lately.   No Kings Hockey, the Lakers are beat up, the Giants are two wins away from a World Series, USC is about to get upset in Arizona.  NOW, I am heading out of town again to meet family.  This time, some of our family is visiting from Mexico.  That means we will spend the entire weekend entertaining them.  No football, no free time, no bed at my parents' house.  I'll be happy to meet my family.  However, it means I'll have very limited access to football games and the internet. 

At some point I'm going to just explode.    Hopefully not in a violent way.   Have any of you had these kind of weeks?   It's inevitable.  When it happens, it's tough to go on, but the key is to keep trying.

I can't really think of anything else at the moment.  I hope your weekend is good everyone.  Be safe.  I'm sorry for the dark tone of today's post.  It's been that kind of morning.

No comments: