Friday, October 26, 2012

It's settled down back at the ranch...

Whew!

I was off to a very rough start this morning and may have produced one of the darkest blog posts in recent history.   I hope I haven't scared off my subscriber base with that.

I like to keep it positive whenever I can.   Fortunately, the storm has passed and I think we'll be okay the rest of the day.  I had some football thoughts to share for the NFL schedule.

Giants/Cowboys:   Man.   I don't know where to go with this.  Tentatively I'm picking the Cowboys.  I can't trust either of these teams this week.  I know the Giants are a good football team.  They're very good.  They have an amazing pass rush, better defense downfield, a good set of receivers, and a quarterback with touchdown potential.  Yet, the Giants always seem to let its fans down right when they start to pick up some momentum.  With the G-Men only favored by 2, all they need is an outright win to cover.  Imagine if they won by one point?!  Oh my goodness!  I would laugh so hard.

I would also say, "Don't sleep on Patriots/Rams."  This one will be played in London and I have a funny feeling the Rams will stay in it until the very end.   Much excitement will be in store, perhaps, in the U.K.

Sergio Romo is a good dude.  He grew up a Dodgers fan!  That's all right with me.  He had the misfortune of being drafted by the wrong team, but that's not his fault.  He also has the coolest socks.  They're popular!   People in SF are buying the socks in droves.  Now, he closes out the big games for the San Francisco Giants.

There's a lady I follow on twitter, Olympian, Florida Gator, and backstroker Elizabeth Beisel.  She's a riot to follow on the twitter feed.   Apparently she's about to battle S. Carolina in a swim meet this weekend.  The funny thing is, her team just faced Georgia the other day, maybe yesterday.  I had no idea you could do 2 swim meets in the same week.  That seems grueling!  or, perhaps, I was mis judging the timing of her tweets and the Georgia meet was a week ago.  I don't have time to check.   Seriously though, check her out on twitter, @ebeisel34 .

I have a confession to make:  I didn't swim this week.  I mean, not at all.  I feel/felt so lazy all week.  It's a cryin' shame.  I have no excuse for this.  I feel terrible, but I should add, I also feel well rested.

Just because I missed swim doesn't mean I missed my sprints.  GEEZ, this morning, the bus to work just passed my intersection and I had to dart clear down the street to the next stop.  Fortuantely the bus stopped at a red light on the way and I miraculously caught up.  Then I boarded the bus.  The bus driver quipped "that was quite a sprint!".   I was beat!   I laid out onto the seat and my butt was SO sore.  You wouldn't believe it.  It was as if each cheek was gripped on by a vise.  

Ah, I feel much better.  THIS is the blog post I wanted to write all along, and I'm glad I had the chance to do it.  Have a good, nay, better weekend everyone.

No comments: