Thursday, September 13, 2012

Dave's LOCKS of the Week: NFL Week 2

Here's another upsetting round of 

Dave's (blam!)
LOCKS (clank)
of the Week (sizzle)

This week I'm adding in an NFL LOCK and here it is:

I like Buffalo to get win number one at home against the Chiefs.  Since the line is only -3, I'll take the pick at face value: giving the points and taking the Bills to win.  I think they'd win by exactly four to be honest, but that's good enough to cover. 

Back to college...  here comes a big underdog for you all.  I love, LOVE, Stanford to cover +8 at home vs USC.  That doesn't seem like a very big line, but I am quite positive the very smart Cardinal will take advantage of SC's weak secondary and make this game closer than a lot of people expect.  Stanford +8.

There's also a point spread that I couldn't disagree with more:  Arkansas +21??  Is that the punishment for losing to Louisiana-Monroe?   Even so, I think Vegas overreacted to one bad loss for an otherwise good team.   I also don't think Alabama is so good that they'll blow away the 3rd or 4th best team in their division.  I will take Razorbacks and the points with confidence.  Arkansas +21

I'll play the LSU game and go with the Tigers -42.5 at home vs Idaho.  Idaho is a special kind of bad:  last year they lost 37-7 at Texas A&M and 56-3 at Nevada!  Sometimes I think I select these bets because I enjoy seeing LSU rack up the points.  I'm going to do it again, LSU -42.5.  

Enjoy the games, and hopefully you'll enjoy these hypothetical wagers.

No comments: