Monday, September 17, 2012

Dave's Thoughts of the Day: September 17th

Happy Monday!  Here are the Monday thoughts of the week...

Man...  all I was trying to do was pick the easiest choice in the Yahoo! tmf.com Survival Pool to advance a round.   I went and picked New England, and I sat back at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf store in my home town of Oxnard.  I sipped my java and said "this will be the one prediction I won't have to worry about."  But no!!   I come home and Arizona shuts down the Patriots offense.   Still, I felt like NE would find a way back.   Then, when Gostkowski missed the field goal, all I could do was laugh.    Truly ANYTHING can happen in the NFL.

As I alluded to, I was out of town this weekend.   I went to visit my family who I haven't seen in a while, and it was great to catch up.  My sister is in college so she asked me to take her home too, so we spent a couple of days in Oxnard.

When I visit family, I have very few chances to watch football, so needless to say, I missed a good portion of the late NFL games.  I missed a fair amount of college football, but I still got to see a good part of the SC/Stanford, Bama/Arkansas, and Florida/Tennessee.

I'm amazed at how Arkansas quit against Bama... that was embarrassing.

Tennessee... I don't know what to make of them.  Seems like they got the ingredients, but they need to find a recipe.

SC, see the previous post -- enough said.

That reminds me:  UCLA fans are so quick to give it to SC fans this weekend.  "Oh look at little SC they are such a joke!  UCLA BABY!!!"   You watch -- what happens if UCLA loses to Oregon State this week at HOME?   People don't even know how happy I will be.   I hope the Bruins get embarrassed!

Ravens -- more close losses, more excuses.  This time Joe Flacco got into the act, criticizing officials.   Whether they deserve it or not, the Ravens LOVE to go to the excuses after they give up a big game.   Look in the mirror!   How about winning those close games instead?  

My sister doesn't even know how good she has it.  At CSUN in Northridge, she's only a block or two away from Wendy's.    Everywhere I've lived I had to drive a good 4-5 miles to get to a Wendy's.  In Santa Barbara, there wasn't a Wendy's at all, except for a Wendy's express at UCSB (awesome deal by the way, but still an incomplete menu).  

I continue the search for the great Tri Tip Sandwich in Los Angeles.   I think the name of the place is Outdoor Grill, but whatever it is, it's around Centinela and Washington in Culver City West.  That's the best prospect right now, and I might give it a try this weekend.

Anybody want to buy a vowel?

That's all for now, more tomorrow.

No comments: