Thursday, September 13, 2012

Dave's Thoughts of the Day: September 13th

More thoughts of the day for a Thursday...

Just to prove all the jokers right, I drank a big glass of orange juice this morning.  So far, no ill effects.  How about that?

The peach/sandwich diet has been unusually effective.  I was not attempting to lose weight but combined with the swimming and a home cooked dinner, I wound up nearly losing a belt buckle in two weeks.   When you think about it, a peach and small sandwich for breakfast and lunch, respectively, won't be that many calories at all, hey?

It's just as well that I'm getting more fit, next month is, we believe, the UCLA Masters Swim meet.  I'm looking forward to it because I haven't done a swim meet in nearly 8 months.   This year I'd like to try a 100m freestyle.  Then the mainstays of 50m free and 50m butterfly.  The Fall is Meters season so the swims are in meters instead of yards with a slightly longer Short Course Meters pool.

There's a meal my friend Andy in Seattle posted a photo of online that has me obsessed with it: I call it the "Clueless Special."  It's a series of sandwiches and fries from McDonalds: two McChicken Sandwiches, one McDouble, a medium fries, and a water.   I feel like the water is optional because all of that would go so well with the Orange Hi-C.  In any case, I'll be picking all that up tonight for Bears/Packers.

I like the Packers to win the game tonight.  It's not a LOCK of the week by any means because Chicago came to play this season.  Looks like a tough one in fact.  I have very little confidence in my prediction but oh will it be fun to watch.

America's Got Talent last night.  I have to give it up to Harp Dude for bringing it again, but the whole time he was on last night I thought "boy is that female singer dragging him down, she sucks!"  Surely enough, Howard Stern pointed out the same thing.   Fortunately he can dump her any time, and I don't think he's going to be docked for that in the voting.  It's not his fault his band mates can't deliver.

EFF!!  I forgot to vote for him last night on NBC.com  If he loses, I will never forgive myself...

Why are the Dodgers still one game out of a Wild Card spot?  This is the cruel joke in baseball... if the team is quitting, then dammit, MLB give them the honor of sinking to the bottom of the standings gracefully!   I didn't see the whole game last night, but I noticed that on SportsCenter.

Imagine if that really lame comic guy wins America's Got Talent?   That would be like when the third best of the three videos won the 10,000 dollars at the end of "America's Funniest Home Videos."  Remember that show from 22 years ago?   It was *always* the least funny video that won!!

Here's a quiz for you all, you're welcome to respond in comments:  If you had to choose one, who would you rather have a night out with?  Would you rather go out with a swimmer, a diver, or a synchronized swimmer??  Now here you're talking about three very different kinds of athletes, and possibly very different personalities.  If you're a woman reading this, substitute water polo player for the synchro swimmer.

...two reasons for that, ladies.  Number one, they don't have Male Synchro Swimmers.  And two, even if they did, they'd have no interest in women anyway, BAZINGA!

That's all I got, catch you all tomorrow.


No comments: